A comfort zone is a place that everyone has, yet it is unique to everyone. While sometimes, your comfort zone protects you, more often, it hinders you.
Have you ever stopped to think, “if I continue to make the same choices and live my life the way I am today, where will I be in ten years?” Complacency whether good or bad, means your life will remain the same. Essentially, you are putting yourself through Groundhog’s Day with two exceptions:
- 1You are getting older, not living the exact day over and over again.
- 2You can pull yourself out of this loop of mediocrity any time you want.
Admittedly, sometimes it is difficult to realize we have trapped ourselves in our comfort zone. Days don’t get any less busy. Life never stops.
Figuring out where you are in regards to your comfort zone is completely dependent on you.
Once you figure out you are too far embedded in your comfort zone, how do you get yourself out?
Here are the best ways to pull yourself out of your comfort zone:
If you need a big push to boost yourself out of your comfort zone, you first need awareness of where you currently are. Again, if you were to make the same decisions and live every day exactly as you are, where would you be in ten years? Is it a life that feels fulfilling? A life that is making a difference in the world? Knowing where you are in this very moment may compel you to blossom out of your comfort zone.
Now that you know where you are, let’s identify where you want to be and how you’re going to get there.
Awareness drives the need or desire for change, but it won’t happen on its own. As individuals, we need a strong understanding of where want to go, how we want to feel when we get there, and motivation to make it happen.
Here are three ways to gain motivation:
- 1Become super clear on what you want your outcome to be. This can be done by asking questions like “How do I want to feel ten years from now? What does that life look like, where am I living, who am I with?” This will help you understand what lives outside of your comfort zone.
- 2Dive into a ‘learner’ versus ‘knower’ mindset. Absorb as much new information you can that will help drive you to your desired outcome, pushing you outside of your comfort zone.
- 3Find a community that will help you live and thrive and live towards the desires of your dreams. We are the sum of our surroundings, so you are guaranteed to find yourself outside of your comfort zone if you find a like-minded community who is headed in a similar direction as you.
Motivation and momentum are two very different things. Motivation is great, but it can only get you so far. Momentum will create the lasting change you need to leap outside of your comfort zone and into a life that allows you to look back and realize that you have made a difference in your life and those around you.
Take Small Steps First
Understanding where you are on your journey and finding the motivation and momentum to keep moving out of your comfort zone is the only way to transformation. The world needs your gifts, the world needs you to step outside of your comfort zone and lean in. If you don’t try, you will never know what could have been.
In life there is always a next level. What is yours going to be?
Next Level Method teaches people how to create the lives they’ve always wanted through our 6-week virtual course. We believe in the power of personal transformation, so we offer tools and systems from hundreds of philosophers, experts, and transformational experiences all wrapped up into one cohesive method that you can easily apply to your own life. Our goal is to help as many people as possible find their true potential.